328 Chippewa Rd.
Muncey, Ontario N0L 1Y0
Child Well-Being & Band Representatives
What is a Band Representative?
- COTTFN Band Representatives provide advocacy and support to COTTFN families who are involved with the Children’s Aid Society (CAS) to ensure that the rights of our children and families are respected by the CAS.
- The Band Representative is a legal party to proceedings that are before the Court in child protection matters on behalf of COTTFN and for the best interests of the child(ren).
- COTTFN Band Representatives are available to both on-reserve and off-reserve members.
- COTTFN Band Representatives will ensure that at all times and according to the Child and Family Services Act that the least intrusive measures are exercised by any CAS involved with COTTFN members.
- COTTFN Band Representatives will seek to ensure that the child(ren) are not displaced from our strong and vibrant community.